Wednesday, December 15, 2010

In praise of Dalton

I think this is the only picture I have of Dalton - I need to change that.  He has been working for us for 3 years - since he was a little guy.hmm = maybe longer than that.

Dalton has been the caretaker of my horses - feeding in the evenings come rain or shine.   Helping when we go away for a while.

He is sweet and knowledgeable and tonight he once again earned his keep.

A quiet knock on the door and he let me know that an old mare we are keeping for a friend was down and although they tried - be could not get her up.  So three of us - worked in 10 degree weather to get her up and set up a comfy little barn for her -- with panels and feed - hay and water...they he said as he was  leaving...
Is that all you need? Is there anything else?.... what kind of kid does that...

No comments: